Monday, October 22, 2012

A Halloween Wreath ~ and a Tutorial Rhyme


As the time drew nigh on Hallowe'en
I thought a wreath might be quite keen.

Hence, a circle made of vine,
and some fabrics oh so fine.


While assembling my loot,
a furry helper came to snoop.

She's all thumbs, or it'd be fun
if she could wield the hot glue gun.


Then I made my fabric strips,
doing so with violent rips.

So the edges would be frayed,
See? My furry helper stayed.


So I wrapped them round and round,
till all the vine was good and bound.

Securing every turn or two
with some handy dandy glue.


Half-way through I start to sweat...
How much fabric did I get?

Will there be enough to finish?
Will my confidence diminish?


But, alas, no fear was needed.
For my wreath is now completed.

Embellish some and off we go...
Hey...I see a little crow!


Roll some flowers from some scraps,
add them here and there, perhaps.

Use some more to make the bow,
hang it high or hang it low.


This small bird has come to nest
hoping now to get some rest.

Little does he know his fate,
ghouls and goblins lay in wait.


For soon they'll come with faces sweet,
trolling for some trick or treat!

And he will have no place to go
while the pumpkins are a-glow.


So he will have to sit some more
hanging out upon my door.

Till the ghosts are on their way
and end the night with All Saints' Day.


If you made it to the end...
I applaud you, my dear friend. :)

I think all that rhyming made my head hurt.

This wreath was greatly inspired by Desiree at The 36th Avenue.

Have a sweet one!


©Kelly

13 comments:

  1. The wreath is adorable! (And so is your kitty! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so pretty! It turned out great!

    Love all your sweet rhyming too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath! I love the fabrics and all the little embellishments! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I am coming over from Make the Scene Monday and I would love for you to come over and check out my Wool Dryer Ball Tutorial!!

    Have a Good Day!
    Ashley Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute rhyming tute to create your wreath- it was fun to read (:

    I thought this was Desiree's at first glance! Both are cute! http://www.the36thavenue.com/2012/08/20-diy-halloween-wreath-tutorials.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I hope that you are enjoying your creation this year, too! Thanks for sharing at this week's Throwback Thursday Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented!!! I loved Loved Loved your poem!!! Also I am making this wreath with a christmas theme for this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your wreath over at Serenity Saturdays' linky party. Little did I know I would also find a poem, one so hearty.
    The wreath does prepare your door for the night of Halloween. In fact, your entire porch looks most keen.
    I became a new follower of your's on Google. If you could do the same, I would sound the bugle.
    **Sorry for that but you started it. ;o) **
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love all of the different patterns you used! I popped over from Serenity You-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wreath! So pretty! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great wreath, love the fabrics. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post and cute wreath! I'll have to pin this. Stopping by from the link up! - Jess

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.