Friday, October 5, 2012

A Rather Non-Spooktacular Halloween Mantel

I don't usually do the whole "change your mantel every month" thing.
I've got nothing against it...I just don't bother.
I only change it at Halloween and Christmas.

And today...because I heard about this party...


This really awesome party I just KNEW I had to go to.


You see, all the cool kids were going...
everyone who was anyone...
so I wanted to go, too.


I wanted to show up and have fun and bob for apples and stay out after curfew.


But I didn't have a costume.


...or a date...


But that's okay...I decided to go anyway.


Even if I'm a little late...I always seem to be late to the party.


So late, in fact, that it was getting dark by the time
I took these pictures of my NON spooky mantel...
and other Halloween-y things in my living room.






and the subway art...
{I ordered the vinyl from Landee on Etsy and made the board myself}


My little mantel may not be Cinderella at the ball...
  

But it's happy in its own place.
{You can't see it much here, but the orange
Trick or Treat eye chart came from Tater Tots & Jello}


and I'm happy with it.



Of course...that's because it involves ravens.
Holding ribbons. :)

Do you change your mantel often or just at Christmas?

©Kelly

Sharing at this great party:

6 comments:

  1. I am also always late to parties! Better late than never ;) Great job on the nonspooky mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! Nothing like a little blog-pressure to get us to change things up a little ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I feel inspired to do something with mine...most years I just don't make time to do anything.

    I spray painted my folding chairs after being inspired by your's. Have a great day!
    http://jennylynndesignz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - Very cute mantel decor. Love your subway sign and all of your other decorations.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, your mantel is so charming, and the "Trick or Treat" banner is so fun! I do change my mantel often -- usually more than just the seasons.....lol! I know, I'm one of those wacky, crazy, decorating bloggers who changes stuff all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.