Did you miss me?
I know I've not been around much lately,
and I don't see it improving any time soon.
So, you'll have to accept these scrumptious treats as a consolation prize.
Mocha Almond Flourless Brownies.
Not a bad trade, huh?
We've just been so busy trying to get
stuff done around the house...inside and out.
In the summertime there are even more things that need done, you know?
I'm trying to get the finishing touches on the bathroom redo...
and there are only so many hours once I get home in the evening...
And Supergirl, Sara...she's got a fabulous internship with
the Colorado Ballet this summer, so we only see her on the weekends,
and we try to make the best of those.
So, as much as I love being here to share with you guys,
it just won't be as often until things slow down around here.
In the meantime...these are worth turning the oven on for...
They really are super fudgy and totally delectable!
You might just want to make a double batch
and hide half of them in your secret stash.
Don't tell me you don't have one.
Mocha Almond Flourless Brownies
- 1 cup chocolate pieces (dark or semisweet, morsels work great)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I actually used 1/4 cup reg and 1/4 cup dark)
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp espresso powder (or instant coffee if that's what you've got)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup or more roasted almonds, chopped
- preheat oven to 350°
- melt the chocolate and coconut oil over medium heat
- whisk the eggs and sugar together until creamy, gradually stir in the melted chocolate
- stir in the almond meal, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, vanilla, and almonds
- pour into a well-greased or parchment-lined 8 X 8 baking pan
- bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- cool completely, cut and devour
They will almost seem as if they are not quite done,
because they are so moist and fudgy, don't be fooled.
Just eat 'em!
I hope you're having a stupendous week!
See you next time!
adapted from Heather's French Press
Feeding the chocolate addiction here: