Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Super Fudgy Mocha Almond Flourless Brownies



Howdy, howdy!
Did you miss me?
I know I've not been around much lately,
and I don't see it improving any time soon.
So, you'll have to accept these scrumptious treats as a consolation prize.
Mocha Almond Flourless Brownies.
Not a bad trade, huh?


We've just been so busy trying to get
stuff done around the house...inside and out.
In the summertime there are even more things that need done, you know?
I'm trying to get the finishing touches on the bathroom redo...
and there are only so many hours once I get home in the evening...


And Supergirl, Sara...she's got a fabulous internship with
the Colorado Ballet this summer, so we only see her on the weekends,
and we try to make the best of those.
So, as much as I love being here to share with you guys,
it just won't be as often until things slow down around here.


In the meantime...these are worth turning the oven on for...
They really are super fudgy and totally delectable!
You might just want to make a double batch
and hide half of  them in your secret stash.
Don't tell me you don't have one.


Mocha Almond Flourless Brownies
  • 1 cup chocolate pieces (dark or semisweet, morsels work great)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I actually used 1/4 cup reg and 1/4 cup dark)
  • 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp espresso powder (or instant coffee if that's what you've got)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla
  • 1/2 cup or more roasted almonds, chopped
  1. preheat oven to 350°
  2. melt the chocolate and coconut oil over medium heat
  3. whisk the eggs and sugar together until creamy, gradually stir in the melted chocolate
  4. stir in the almond meal, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, vanilla, and almonds
  5. pour into a well-greased or parchment-lined 8 X 8 baking pan
  6. bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
  7. cool completely, cut and devour

They will almost seem as if they are not quite done,
because they are so moist and fudgy, don't be fooled.
Just eat 'em!

I hope you're having a stupendous week!
See you next time!


 Feeding the chocolate addiction here:

10 comments:

  1. OMGOSH, Kelly- I think I just went into chocolate sugar shock! Those look scrumptious!!!!! Nice to see a post from you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling. My Hubby would love these. As he loves to have any kind of nuts in his brownies.
    Jenny @ Jennylynndesignz

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks simply amazing! So fudgey - just how I like my brownies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious-and perfect for my gluten free friends. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic! I so love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Skip the Housework Link Party. I love the look of these, they sound so good! I co-host Sweet and Savoury Sunday and would love for you to stop by and share this and other recipes with us. Have a great day!
    Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  7. These brownies look ooey-gooey good! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded, and you are one of the features this week!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing at the Say G’day party. I’ve just pinned your post to the Say G’Day Saturday Board and will be featuring you at my Friday Favorites post!

    Hope you can join us again this weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gave them a try, they are delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us, it's a new favorite!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful internet site! I am loving it!! Will be back afterwards to read some much more. I am taking your feeds also
    Asian Paints Nepal
    Paints Nepal
    Painter Nepal

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.