Friday, October 10, 2014

A Touch of Fall


Howdy, Peeps!
I'm just sharing a little of my fall decor today...
in hopes that maybe summer will finally get tired of hanging around...
and it will cool down some.


A lot of my decorations are the same...
so you may have seen them on last year's tour.
Sometimes I move things around and occasionally add new items.


The little mouse hanging on the side of the wire
cloche is new, but not really a fall accessory.
Just a bit of whimsy.

Oops, it appears my "slipcover" is riding up.
Pardon me!



I added a little printable banner to the chunky shelf.


Other things got moved around...and now some
orange candles glow here on a side table.


I love putting little pumpkins in this big lantern.
I rarely light the candles that are normally in it anyway.


One major difference this year...I got the dresser painted last winter!
I am loving it...and it looks so cozy and warm over there.


I know some people like to decorate for fall with neutrals and white pumpkins...


...let them, I say...I will keep the things I love about fall...
the warm, rich colors that evoke thoughts of falling leaves and
crunching through cornfields on a cool autumn night bundled up for a hayride!


Ooooh...and hot apple cider and pumpkin bread...and caramel apples...


Aaaahhhh...I feel refreshed already.
Take that, summer!


I found this cute pom pom garland on clearance this past weekend.
So fun! I knew I had to add it to the mix.


Some time this past year, I spray painted the shutters...
they were bright white and chippy...but too white.
Now they are more subdued...and you can still see
the chippy-ness beneath the thin coat of paint.


Warm, rich, cozy...
I think it's time for some of that cider.


I hope you've enjoyed this little jaunt into fall.

If you pretend not to notice the dust on my black tables...
I'll pretend to feel really bad about its existence.

I have a Halloween-ish treat coming up next,
so don't forget to check back with me soon!
Have a great weekend.


Doing my best tour guide impressions here:

Dwellings
Kitchen Table Art
Upcycled Treasures
Stone Gable
Sand and Sisal
A Stroll Thru Life
Love Grows Wild
Horrific Knits
Sowdering About
Just a Girl and Her Blog
Ivy and Elephants
Crafty Allie
A Simple Pantry
The Blissful Bee
Carissa Miss
From My Front Porch to Yours
Embracing Change
The Newlywed Pilgrimage
Saving 4 Six
Lamberts Lately
Live Laugh Rowe
Crafts a la Mode
AKA Design
Craft Dictator
Liz Marie Blog
Lolly Jane

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful job you've done making your room look so festive and fun. My decorations look lackluster in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so adorable! I love the little mouse =)

    Found you at the Fall into the Holidays link-up.

    Beth at www.littleworldcalledwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks so warm and comforting! I'd love you to share at my link party http://www.carissamiss.com/2014/10/outside-box-no-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your fall decor, it all looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Fall decorating. I PINNED this also. Nice work. It's cooler here in Connecticut but I like the crisp weather. Best wishes, Linda Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fall decor! I wish I had a few more touches like these in my house! You should join me on Tuesdays for the Celebrate Southern link up I host over at www.2catsandchloe.com for some southern-inspired posts. It's still live today! You don't have to be a southern blogger to join, this post would be a perfect fit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.