Super easy, nice & cheesy...
glad that doesn't describe me!
I've had this recipe in my binder for ages...
we use it all the time!
I cook once, we eat breakfast for days!
What's easier than that?
And it's loaded with good stuff, Maynard!
Sausage and mushrooms...
bright green onions...
blurry, sweet, red tomatoes...
wholesome, fresh eggs...
lovingly blended with some creamy cream and spices!
layer it all up...with some of that cheesy cheese...
and pour some eggs on me...
or rather on my breakfast!!!
give it a little shake...the pan, not your booty...
unless you really wanna...
bake to golden perfection...
slice it up...and chow it down!
We cut this into eight equal pieces.
That's 1 1/2 eggs per serving plus sausage, cheese, and veggies.
Since there are only two of us, we have
a ready made breakfast for four days!
My husband loves that plan...
since he's usually the breakfast-maker. :)
And since he IS the breakfast-maker...
this makes it super simple for me when he's out of town for work...
I just toss a piece in the microwave and I'm not trying to
find time to pull breakfast together before work!
This also works great for a brunch buffet...
and since it's totally delicious...it's always a big hit!
I would just cut it into 12 pieces, I think.
Crustless Cheesy Egg and Sausage Bake
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large tomato, diced - or the equivalent in yummy cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz shredded cheese, I love sharp cheddar, but use what YOU love
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (I actually use 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup half & half - does that make it 3/4 & 1/4?)
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground pepper to your liking
- sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous, I add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper!
- Cook sausage and crumble, when almost done, stir in chopped mushrooms so they can cook for a couple minutes. Spread it all into a well greased or "Pammed" 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the green onions, then the tomatoes, then the cheese over the meat.
- Crack your eggs into a mixing bowl, beat with a fork. Add in cream and seasonings. Beat with fork until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over layers.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes...or until set...it begins to get golden around the edges.
- If serving right away, allow to sit for 10 minutes or so...otherwise, set on a rack until cool, cut into desired pieces, cover with aluminum foil and place in fridge.
- Warm it slowly in the microwave and enjoy!
This is low carb and since it doesn't have a crust...technically gluten free!
It's totally yummy and good for Atkins...
Easy and convenient on busy mornings.
What's not to love?
C'mon...give it a try!
In other news...
I have actually started on that bathroom makeover
that I bought the paint for a
year while ago.
The bad news?
I'm not sure I'm still lovin' the paint choice I made.
Aaahhh...my decorating misadventures...
the continuing saga...
Have a great one!
p.s. why does blogger hate ampersands?
Breaking the fast at these fine parties: