Friday, May 17, 2013

Pink Poker Night ~ Girls' Night In

Looking for a fabulously fun night with all your BFFs?
Host a pink poker night!

A couple of weeks ago we had a girls' night in at my house.
I decided to do pink poker night cuz it sounded fun.

Not that I'm a great card player.
On the contrary...I just make up the rules. :)


I found this kit on Amazon.
But you don't need it...just find some pink poker chips and cards.
Bicycle brand has several pink card versions.
I got these chips on Ebay.

Don't forget all the frills...
tiaras and feather boas are a must!
Make sure everyone gets in the spirit!

The box kit included invitations, but those would be simple to make.
It also suggested having everyone bring one fun item
to make up a "bling" pot for the last hand.
You could make it whatever you wanted.


Oh, and if you just happen to have some pink
spray painted folding chairs, be sure to use 'em!


Striped straws...don't they make you smile?
I actually found these in the party aisle at Hobby Lobby for about $3.
Oh, that's where the tiaras came from, too.


Of course you need some fabulous finger food...

Below are some peanut butter pretzels
drizzled with pink white chocolate.
Does that even make sense?


We had some pink sangria, but I was having so much
fun, I forgot to take any pictures of that...or of
anyone enjoying the party for that matter.

Oh well...I guess having fun was the bigger priority. :)


The sangria was delicious and easy!
1 - 2 liter bottle of 7up Zero
1 - bottle white zinfandel
1 - bottle white cranberry strawberry juice
sliced oranges to float in the pitcher
All chilled and mixed together
SoOoOo yummy and refreshing!

Even if your sister dumps a whole glass on her chair...
and doesn't at least use a straw to suck up what she can.


Oh, look...there's one cookie left for me.

My mom showed up with these beautiful roses.
Love her. :)


We had all sorts of other finger foods, some store bought.
No need to tire yourself out getting ready!

You need to save your energy for all the laughing
and carrying on that's sure to happen.
{shrimp cocktail is easy and hey, it's PINK!}
I'm also thinking...watermelon,
strawberries, pink lemonade...


It was so much fun and definitely what everyone needed.
A whole night of just us girls with a whole bunch
of laughing and goofy shenanigans!
But I have one little confession to make...

We never actually got around to playing poker!
We were having too much fun NOT playing.
:)
The next day I got texts or emails from everyone
thanking me for such a fun night!
I said next time, we won't even pretend we're gonna play.

Does this sound like a great time to you?
Check out the Pink Poker Night Pinterest board I started.

 If you host a pink party, send me pics...
since I forgot to take my own.
Ha!


5 comments:

  1. This looks fun...now hand over the leftover pink chocolate pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that was one well planned out party!! I never even realized there were pink poker chips and playing cards - thanks for the Sangria recipe too! And who said reading blogs wasn't educational???!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

  3. This looks great!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-3.html

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I'm normally not a pink girl but for some reason this year I'm lovin' it! The fuchsia pink...no pastels. Your party sounds like a ton of laughter and great decor & food. Thanks so much for sharing ~ great idea!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

  5. Useful data concerning club PKR. PKR freepokerbookstore.com may be a GB primarily based portal commissioned by the Aldermen diversion commission

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.