Looking for a healthier snack for after school...after work....
after falling asleep at the computer and drooling all over your keyboard?
No, that did NOT happen to me.
These are totally yummy and I consider them "wholesome."
After all, we're talking natural ingredients mixed together with love.
Joy to the world, all the boys and girls.
Say "hi" ~ I'm in the spoon!
A little protein, a little fruit...throw in some whole grain oats...
...and you've got yourself a moist and delicious snack bar.
Yes...I got a new square baker...yay, me!!!
They kind of remind me of more of a muffin texture,
so they're not hard by any means.
Soft and a little crumbly...great with milk.
Get your mixing bowls...
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (or regular rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the vanilla, milk and egg. Then the mashed banana and peanut butter.
- Mix all together.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until golden.
- Cool and cut into squares...then eat!
adapted from Gingerbread Bagels