I like to cook.
Don't get me wrong.
But I don't know about you guys, I just don't like to cook
So I am always looking for easy and delicious
weeknight meals that don't come from a box.
Well, today I have just the solution...
Please welcome Elizabeth from ReadySetEat:
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Ordering takeout can get expensive, and making the
same dishes at home can be quite easy!
Try making this Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli,
and you’ll only spend fifteen minutes for prep time.
Make sure to plan ahead since you’re using a slow cooker,
though, and start cooking earlier in the day.
Slow cookers are used a lot in the winter,
because they’re great for making tasty comfort foods,
but slow cookers are also useful in the
summer because they won’t heat up your house.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg. (16 oz. each) frozen broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Stir together 3/4 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in slow cooker. Add beef; turn to coat with soy sauce mixture.
- Cover; cook on LOW 7-1/2 hours or on HIGH 3-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef from slow cooker. Combine cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water in small bowl; stir into slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, pull beef into shreds with 2 forks; cover to keep warm. Place broccoli in microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until broccoli is thawed. Add beef and broccoli to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes more or until mixture is hot. Serve with rice, if desired.
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Elizabeth L. on behalf of ReadySetEat.
That sounds incredible!
And I am always telling myself to use my crockpot more.
If you guys want to find some great quick and easy dinner ideas,
or even sides and desserts...check out ReadySetEat RIGHT NOW!
Choose your item, enter your ingredients in the search tool...
and it will give you tasty ideas ready in 30 minutes or less!
Dinner is DONE.
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
And don't forget why we celebrate!
Thank you to all who defend our freedoms!
Dishing it out here:
Saving 4 Six
Put a Bird On It
Love Bakes Good Cakes
From My Front Porch to Yours
Glitter Glue and Paint
Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Crafts a la Mode
Will Cook For Smiles
Made From Pinterest
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Six Sisters Stuff
3 Little Greenwoods
Life on Lakeshore Drive
The Gunny Sack
A Stroll Thru Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
My Life of Travels and Adventures
Ivy and Elephants
Life With the Crust Cut Off
The Happy Housie
The 36th Avenue
Blissfully Ever After